EMBARGOED until June 5, 2018, 6:00 am Taipei (UTC/GMT +8)
RIOTORO Transforms PCs with Project Morpheus:
World’s First Convertible PC Case
RIOTORO Unveils New PC Cases, 1200 Watt Power Supply, RGB Fans at Computex 2018
Computex 2018, Taipei — June 5, 2018 — California-based RIOTORO® today unveiled Project Morpheus, RIOTORO’s concept PC case, the first chassis that converts to and from a mini-tower to mid-tower. The company also unveiled the Builder Edition 1200W 80 PLUS Gold modular power supply, Quiet Storm RGB 120mm fan kit, and the budget-friendly CR380 mid-tower chassis. RIOTORO is showcasing the new products at Computex Taipei 2018.
Project Morpheus – The World’s First Convertible PC Chassis
For over 35 years, PC performance has evolved dramatically enabling gamers to pack even more horsepower into their monstrous gaming rigs or into even more compact console killers. Other aspects of the PC have failed to keep pace, especially in regards to how PCs are built, designed, and constructed. Not satisfied with the status quo, RIOTORO is committed to evolving PC design to make PCs more unique, customizable, and easier to build. Project Morpheus Concept 1, the first of many RIOTORO design explorations, was created to break the traditional rigid format of PC cases, enabling gamers to evolve their PC along with their changing needs.
Shapeshifting Performance – Two Sizes, One Case
Project Morpheus, the first convertible PC chassis, ends the compromise of mini versus mid-tower without style and performance. Want to preserve vertical real estate? Project Morpheus can be built as short micro-ATX, and when you want to add a second GPU, audio card, or more storage, Morpheus can easily shape-shift into a full-size ATX mid-tower.
Vent Your Aggression While Staying Cool
Desktop gaming PCs run hot, especially when aggressively overclocked. Unfortunately, cooling a hot PC often means loud, especially in smaller PCs. Morpheus is engineered with a streamlined airflow and with nearly the entire exterior perforated mesh to keep your PC’s components running quieter and cooler even in extreme, overclocked gaming configurations. Plenty of easy-to-install cooling options are available thanks to a removal front mount and support for up to seven 120mm fans or two 240mm radiators.
Expandable, Tool-less, Modern
To simplify building, upgrading, and maintaining your system, every aspect of Morpheus has been carefully architected for easy access. The entire chassis requires no tools to build, which combined with the strategically placed cable routing channels, drive trays, and cooling bracket, make building Morpheus a snap. We didn’t forget connectivity: USB 3.0 and USB-C provide high-speed connections for the modern storage and mobile devices.
- Convertible mid-tower and mini-tower
- Supports ATX, microATX and mini-ITX motherboards
- High-density perforated mesh on all sides for superior cooling
- Dual compartments with streamlined airflow to CPU and GPU
- Tool-less assembly with optimized cable routes and mount points
- 2x 3.5” HDD plus 2x 2.5” SSD
- 2x 3.5” HDD plus 2x 2.5” SSD
- USB-C and USB 3.0 ports
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 440 x 276 x 465 mm / 17.3 x 10.8 x 18.3 inches
Builder Edition 1200 Watt Power Supply
Delivering 1200 watts of stable power with 80 PLUS Gold efficiency, the Builder Edition 1200W power supply is ideal for cryptocurrency mining, data servers, or extreme gaming rigs. The PSU is fully modular with eight GPU PCIE and twelve SATA power connections, and features a long-life 135mm fan and 100% Japanese capacitors for years of solid, stable, quiet operation. Like all RIOTORO PSUs, the Builder Edition 1200W features full voltage, current, power, and short-circuit protections for improved safety.
- 1200 watts of power with 8 PCI-E GPU connections
- 80 PLUS Gold certified 90% efficiency
- Japanese solid-state capacitors
- Exclusive 12V CPU rail for rock-solid stability
- Fully-modular with flat cables for reduced clutter, easier installation, and improved airflow
- 135mm dual ball bearing fan with textured blades for long-term reliability and increased airflow
- 5-year warranty
- Available immediately
RIOTORO Quiet Storm RGB Fans – Quiet Performance, with Addressable LEDs
Quiet Storm RGB 120m fans deliver whisper-quiet, high-airflow performance that blows away the competition at an unheard-of price point. The fans feature ten individually addressable RGB LEDs for multiple simultaneous color effects, and are compatible with WS2812B compatible RGB controllers and ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, and MSI Mystic motherboards with 5-volt addressable RGB connectors. The fans are available individually or in a kit with three fans and an RGB controller.
Quiet Storm RGB 120mm Fan (single)
- Fan Specifications
- Fan connection: 4-pin PWM
- RGB connection: 4-pin 5-volt RGB (WS2812B compatible)
- Speed: 1000-1500 RPM
- Air Pressure: 0.54 to 1.7mm-H2O
- Airflow: 40.1 to 54.52 CFM o Noise level: 20.1 to 27.6 dBA
- LEDs: 10 RGB
- Includes 2 sets of rubber anti-vibration bumpers - gray and black
- 2-year warranty
Quiet Storm RGB 120mm Fan Kit
- 3x Quiet Storm RGB fans (see fan specifications)
- RGB controller
- Buttons for Color, Lighting Mode, and Brightness
- Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Light Blue, Blue, Purple, Green, White
- Lighting modes: Flash, Spiral, Blink, Rainbow, Wheel, Off
- Includes 3x Quiet Storm 120mm RGB fans, RGB controller, 6-fan hub
- 2-year warranty
Product Photographs and Video
Product photos can be downloaded from here
RIOTORO at Computex 2018
RIOTORO will be showcasing their new products to members of the press at the Humble House Hotel in Taipei.
Please contact Rick Allen at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
Founded in 2014, Formed by Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts, RIOTORO manufactures the best Performance PC hardware, peripherals, and accessories in the industry with a goal of providing complete satisfaction for highperformance seekers who build their own personal computers. ©
© 2018 RIOTORO INC. All rights reserved. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.